Business and Tax License

Obtaining a Business & Tax License
Every person engaged in business in the Town of Parker must comply with the Town's licensing and tax laws. Business and sales tax license applications may be obtained at: 
  • Parker Town Hall
    20120 E. Mainstreet
    Parker, CO 80138
Mail your completed Business and Sales Tax License application to:
  • Sales Tax Division
    P.O. Box 5602
    Denver, CO 80217
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for your license to be approved. If you have questions regarding your business license, please call the Sales Tax Division at 303.805.3228 or give us an email.

If you are unsure if you need a license or have questions about the application process please view our webinar on Applying for a Business License.

Important Information for Construction Related Businesses

Effective January 1, 2015 persons required to obtain a Contractors Registration through the Parker Building Division are no longer required to obtain a Business and Sales Tax License. To determine if you are required to obtain a contractors registration please visit the Contractors Registration page or contact the Building Division at 303.841.1970. 

Additional Supplemental Documentation

Depending on your business location, the following forms may be required supplemental information to your business and tax license application.

Businesses located in commercial areas of Town are required to submit a Parker Police and Fire Department Information Sheet. This information is crucial to Police and Fire personnel when responding to an emergency situation.

Mobile food trucks are required to obtain a Vendor Stand Permit for each location. These permits are issued by the Community Development Department. For information on how to obtain a Vendor Stand Permit please review the Vendor Stand Info or contact the Community Development Department directly.

Businesses located in a private residence are subject to special regulations and requirements for home-based businesses. Please take the time to review and sign the Home Occupation Affidavit. Additionally, if your home business is an in-home daycare, please complete the Home Daycare Checklist.

Additional Licenses Required

In some instances you may also be required to obtain additional licenses due to the nature of your business. The Town Clerk's Office issues the following licenses:
  • Liquor License
  • Peddlers and Solicitors License
  • Merchant Patrol License
  • Sexually Oriented Business License
  • Pawnbroker License
  • Massage Parlor License