- Mayor and Town Council
- Community Recognition and Event Participation
Community Recognition and Event Participation
Guidelines for Community Recognition and Event Participation
The Mayor and Town Council appreciate the extraordinary and exemplary positive contributions made by Parker residents, businesses, groups and organizations, in serving the needs of the community. For such occasions, the Mayor and Town Council will recognize community members with certificates and proclamations and by attending events. Instructions for Mayor and/or Councilmember event participation, requesting a certificate or a proclamation are listed below.
The Town of Parker Mayor and Council enjoy engaging with the community at Town-hosted and non-Town-hosted events.
How to request Mayor/Town Council Event Participation:
Members of the public, businesses, groups and/or organizations should submit their online Council participation request as far in advance as possible; and no fewer than 30 days in advance of the event.
Requests can be made through the online request form.
- Event name, date, time and location
- Brief description of the event
- Event host name and contact information (must include day-of-event contact information)
- Exact time/specific location of the elected officials(s) arrival
- Level of participation request of the elected official(s) (invitation only; speaker request; photo opportunity, etc.)
- If making a speaker request, please provide the topic, talking points and length of the speaking request
Mayor and Councilmember calendars fill up quickly, so invitation requests should be made well in advance of the event date. Completed requests are not guaranteed. If scheduling conflicts occur, Mayor and Councilmembers may have to decline the requested invitation. Submitted speeches, talking points, or other copy is subject to edits by Town Staff.
Certificates of Commendation/Recognition/Achievement
The Mayor and Town Council may issue Certificates of Commendation, Recognition, or Achievement (Special Certificates) for the following criteria:
- Extraordinary and/or exemplary contributions, services or actions made by an organization, business or individual to the Town of Parker (Recipients must be in the Town of Parker, be a Town resident, or any person(s) engaged in heroic or emergency service actions within the Town).
- Retirement from 20 years, or more, of military, police, or fire service
- Other achievements of extraordinary and/or exemplary significance to the Town (examples: a local business milestone anniversary; local school academic or athletic champions)
How to request a Special Certificate:
Special Certificate requests should be submitted as far in advance as possible; and no fewer than 30 days in advance of when the certificate is needed.
Through the online form, requestors must include:
- Recipient(s) full name and address
- A brief description of the recipient and why the action(s) are deserving of a Special Certificate (max: 400 words)
- Requested text for the Special Certificate (max: 20 words)
- Name and contact information of the person submitting the request
- Selection for how to receive the Special Certificate (Pick up at Town Hall; emailed or mailed printed copy; in-person at a Council Meeting; or request an elected official visit to your business/organization).
Submission requests are NOT Guaranteed and are at the discretion of the Town of Parker. Certificates will NOT be issued for events/organizations with no direct relationship or service to the Town; or incomplete submission forms. All submitted text is subject to edits by Town staff.
Proclamations are historical documents that declare a day, week, or month in honor of a cause, individual, or occasion of significance to Parker or to its residents. All proclamation requests should be made by a resident of Parker or an organization primarily serving the Parker community.
Reasons to request a proclamation may include:
- A significant date/anniversary/historic commemoration relating to the Town of Parker.
- Bringing awareness to or recognizing a cause/non-profit organization that assists in the overall community's health and well-being (examples: Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Small Business Saturday; Domestic Violence Awareness Mount, etc.).
- Recognizing an individual or group who has demonstrated an exemplary positive impact on the Town.
How to request a proclamation:
Proclamation requests should be submitted as far in advance as possible; and no fewer than 30 days in advance of when the proclamation is needed.
Through the online form, requestors must include:
- Desired day, week, or month for the proclamation
- Name and contact information of the person/organization making the request
- Purpose of the proclamation
- Proposed proclamation text (text template example)
- Selection for how to receive the proclamation: Pick up at Town Hall, emailed or mailed printed copy
Proclamation requests are NOT guaranteed and are at the discretion of the Town of Parker. Proclamations recognizing an annual event or cause will not carry over year-to-year and must be resubmitted for annual consideration. Proclamation will NOT be issued for events/organizations with no direct relationship or service to the Town; or incomplete submission forms. All submitted text is subject to edits by Town staff.
For any questions or concerns, please email Liana Brooks or call 303.805.3293.
Make a Request