Floodplain Management Program
There are several major drainageways in the Town of Parker that are subject to flooding conditions after heavy rainfall events. The Town manages the floodplains and floodways associated with these drainageways based on the Flood Insurance Study and Flood Insurance Rate Maps prepared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as well as engineering studies funded by the Town and the Urban Drainage and Flood Control District. These studies are available for review at Town Hall or on the Town’s website. Elevation Certificates for some properties are also available at Town Hall. Town Engineering staff is available to meet in person at Town Hall, at your property or on the phone at 303.840.9546 to discuss your flood risk and provide flood zone information. Local flooding may also occur in areas outside of floodplains such as around roadway inlets that may become clogged with debris or hail. Flooding may also occur around houses if there are poorly defined swales around the lot to drain the water away from the foundation or even broken water mains.
The purchase of flood insurance provides protection in the event your property experiences flooding of any kind. This type of protection is not covered by a standard homeowner’s insurance policy. The Town participates in the National Flood Insurance Program and the Community Rating System, which allows for a discount on flood insurance for all property owners within Parker.
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District - Floodplain maps
- Floodplain Permit
- For additional information on flood insurance and flooding risks, visit Flood Smart.
- For additional information on flood preparedness please visit the Town's Office of Emergency Management.
- Check current Cherry Creek flow information at Mainstreet.
- Floodplain Code
FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps
Below are the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Insurance Rate Maps for Parker, Colorado. Some maps are dated Sept. 30, 2005, and others are revised with an effective date of March 16, 2016.
Please contact the Engineering/Public Works Department at 303.840.9546 for any map revisions that have been approved since the effective dates.
The Index Map (PDF) for Douglas County can assist in locating the desired map panel within the incorporated limits of Parker.
- Map Panel #08035C0058G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0062G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0064G
- Map Panel #08035C0066G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0067G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0068G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0069F (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0088F (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0089F (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0177G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0181G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0182G
- Map Panel #08035C0183G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0184G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0201G (PDF)
- Map Panel #08035C0202F (PDF)
March 16, 2016 Flood Insurance Study
On June 19, 2017, the Town of Parker was presented with a Community Rating System class increase from a class 6 to a class 5 based on a cycle visit in 2016. The comprehensive review of the Town’s floodplain management program and policies resulted in the highest rating the Town has ever received. It also puts the Town within the top 5 percent of communities in the State of Colorado that currently participate in the Community Rating System through the National Flood Insurance Program.