Town Commissions

Boards & Commissions

Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Each year there are positions available on a variety of citizen commissions run by the Town of Parker. Please contact the appropriate department to learn when openings occur or attend the meeting to learn more about each commission's activities.

Board of AppealsThe Board of Appeals is staffed by the Building Division. This board meets as needed for appeals to determine alternative materials and methods of construction and to provide for reasonable interpretations of the technical codes. If you have knowledge of building construction and building service equipment, you are encouraged to apply as positions become available. Applicants must reside in incorporated Parker. For more information, please call the Parker Building Division at 303.841.1970.
Cultural and Scientific CommissionThe mission of the Cultural and Scientific Commission is to foster, implement and participate in providing opportunities for cultural and scientific experiences for the community of Parker. The Commission provides advocacy and leadership in the arts and make recommendations regarding cultural and scientific issues. Board members serve staggered 1 or 2 year terms and are expected to attend quarterly meetings. Members of the Cultural and Scientific Commission do not need to reside in the Town of Parker. For more information, please email us.
Investment Advisory CommitteeThe Investment Advisory Committee reviews and monitors the Town’s cash management and investment results, develops and recommends investment policies to the Town Council, and assists in the selection of investment facilitators and managers. If you are interested in becoming part of this Committee, please contact the Finance Department at 303.841.0353.
Planning CommissionThe Planning Commission, an advisory board appointed by the Town Council, provides recommendations to the Council on land use and related development issues, as well as matters related to historic preservation. Those with an interest in land use and development are encouraged to attend meetings or apply for this Commission. To be appointed, you must be a resident of Parker for at least 1 year and be a registered elector. If you are interested in becoming part of this Commission, please contact the Community Development Department at 303.841.2332.
Special Licensing Authority

The Special Licensing Authority was created to assume the responsibility of reviewing and issuing or denying certain licenses within the Town. The Authority's responsibilities include reviewing applications, conducting public hearings, issuing decisions on applications for various licenses and acts as an advisory board to the Town Council on licensing issues. For more information, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 303.805.3198.
Youth Commission

The Parker Youth Commission, an advisory board appointed by the Town Council, provides an opportunity for students to learn more about local government, participate in the process, and represent and articulate the needs of the community's young citizens to their elected officials. More information can be found here.