Town Q&A is a compilation of questions received by the Town of Parker across its social media accounts from the previous month. Have a question to ask about the Town or Town operations? Send your questions to Town of Parker Digital Marketing Coordinator Ryne Dittmer at email@example.com to be answered in a future Town Q&A post.
How can I share an idea for Parker’s future?
Do you have an idea that you feel would make Parker an even better place? If you do, we want to hear all about it! Let's Talk Parker offers an open forum where you can submit your great ideas and vote for ideas that have already been posted.
To add your idea, visit the Tell Us Your Big Idea project page at www.LetsTalkParker.org and click the “Add your idea” box. There you’ll also be able to see other suggested ideas and “like” your favorites.
Why do some residences have Parker mailing addresses, but are not located within Town boundaries?
The US Postal Service has assigned all of ZIP Codes 80134 and all of 80138 as Parker addresses. A large portion of these zip codes are not located within incorporated Town limits. Additionally, the Parker area has been a place since 1882 originally named Pine Grove, but the Town of Parker itself was not incorporated until 1981. View the Town Boundary Map to see if you live within the Town of Parker limits.
Do I need a permit for garage sale signs?
Permits are not required for garage sale signs, however there are guidelines for where they may be placed. Parker Town Council updated the Town’s sign code in July 2013 to allow for "limited duration and temporary signs," which include signs advertising garage sales. These signs are now permitted in the right-of-way for a limited period of time under the following conditions.
A maximum of four signs that meet the following regulations are permitted per residential lot:
• The signs may only be posted beginning at noon on Thursdays through 7 p.m. on the following Sunday
• The signs may not exceed 5 square feet per face and 4 feet in height
• The signs cannot be attached to public utility poles, traffic and other directional signs, vehicles, utility boxes, fences, other structures or trees
• The signs cannot be placed in medians, roadways, shoulders or bike paths/lanes
• Signs must be located 50 feet from all intersections and at least 6 feet from the edge of the roadway
• Signs must be located at least 10 feet from any other garage sale sign
As part of this program, the Town's Community Services Division has pre-approved Garage Sale signs available for purchase at Town Hall. This information can be found online at www.ParkerOnline.org/GarageSaleSigns.
How do I enter a photo in the Fan Photo Contest?
The Fan Photo Contest is a monthly feature on the Town of Parker’s Facebook page (@TownofParkerCO). This contest recognizes the best photos of Parker shared by our followers.
There are three ways to enter a photo:
• Share one of your favorite Parker photos as a post to our Facebook page
• Send your photo to the Town as a direct message
• Look for the Facebook post calling for contest entries around the 20th of every month and add your photo as a comment