Make your plans for the month ahead with our list of five things to know for September.
Third Annual Parker Fall Fest Sept. 23-30:
Parker Fall Fest returns Sept. 23 through 30, and this year’s celebration is bigger and better than ever! The Town of Parker invites residents and visitors of all ages to celebrate the start of autumn with a fun-filled week of free family-friendly events and activities.
- Fall Fest Kick-off Activities: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23 in O’Brien Park
- Fun and Games Day: 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 30 in O’Brien Park, featuring carnival games, the Colorado Avalanche Game On Street Hockey Program, food vendors, a beer garden and drone light show finale
- Prowl For Pumpkins Scavenger Hunt: Search for hidden pumpkin signs around Parker Sept. 23 to 30
Find complete details on the Fall Fest event website.
So Long to Summer 5K/10K Sept. 23:
Enjoy the end of another Colorado summer with Parker Parks and Recreation’s So Long to Summer 5K/10K with RNK Running & Walking on Saturday, Sept. 23 at Salisbury Park.
Part of the Parks and Recreation Run Series, the So Long to Summer 5K/10K is professionally timed. Registered participants will receive a race shirt, custom bib and a delicious post-race pancake breakfast. The free Kids’ Dash for children 8 and under will follow the run; no registration necessary.
Register and learn more on the race website.
2024 Calendar Photo Contest Opens:
Enter your best Parker photographs in the 2024 Town Calendar Photo Contest!
We are looking for striking images that depict life in Parker — natural landscapes, wildlife, events, facilities, businesses, architecture, weather or even people living life in our Town. Winning photos will be included in our 2024 Calendar and 2023 Annual Report that will be published in December.
Find contest rules and submit entries through Oct. 31 by clicking here.
Parker Arts Lecture Series Begins:
Parker Arts Lectures is a series of free lectures supported by the Parker Cultural and Scientific Commission. The intent of the lectures is to increase the understanding of how arts, science and technology affect current and future issues facing our community, and provide the opportunity to learn and discuss a variety of trending topics. Lectures take place at The Schoolhouse. The 2023/2024 season schedule includes:
- Sept. 6, 3 Billion Birds Lost: How to Create Bird Friendly Communities
- Oct. 9, Growing a Drought-Resistant Garden
- Nov. 8, The Front Range Through Time: Two Mountain Ranges and a Sea
- Feb. 7, The Adolescent Brain and Addressing Teen Behaviors
- March 4, Aging with Intention
- April 3, Colorado’s Last Grizzly and Other Stories from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
Attendees may reserve their free tickets here.
Monthly Public Meeting Dates:
Parker Town Council will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5 and Monday, Sept. 18. The Council will hold study sessions at 5 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 11 and 25.
Parker Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 14 and 28.
Parker Special Licensing Authority will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21.
Agendas, minutes and meeting packets for all Town meetings can be found here.